Thompson Law, P.C. is an established, estate planning law firm in Sioux Falls whose mission is to provide families with quality estate planning resources. Our firm helps families preserve their wealth for future generations, minimize estate taxes and avoid the expense of extended probate. We also help clients preserve their financial wealth through Legacy Planning, a holistic approach to estate planning where life stories and family heirlooms are prepared for future generations. Our law firm specializes in estate planning assistance for the unique needs of Family Business and Farms.
Thompson Law is a great place to work for those who enjoy a family friendly environment where serving the clients’ needs is the highest priority. It is a busy office where each staff member is valued and relied upon for team success. Career growth is encouraged and opportunities are available for those who have the desire to succeed.
The firm holds to its core principles of Faith • Family • Firm, providing an environment to live out your values while serving clients in preserving their legacy.
Position Summary: Thompson Law, P.C. is an established estate planning law firm in Sioux Falls, SD. The senior partner is looking to hire a Lead Associate Attorney with a minimum of 5 years recent experience in the areas of estate planning, business succession planning, and trust administration. Although technical knowledge is a prerequisite, training and mentoring will be provided to become highly effective and a key member of their successful team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Consult with prospective clients using the Thompson Law consultation system, targeting 80-85% retention.
- Draft, as needed, and review estate planning documents.
- Manage Estate Administration and Probate matters.
- Direct efforts of office staff in client support, document production and execution services, delegating routine processes as much as possible. Be available as subject-matter expert for staff questions.
- Actively participate in marketing efforts, including attendance at 4-6 estate planning presentations per year. After time, make estate planning presentations.
- Continually analyze the performance of presentations and client consultations, looking for ways to improve service and increase retention percentages.
- Actively cultivate professional relationships with referral sources.
- Participate in or lead regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Earn a minimum of 36 Continuing Legal Education (CLE) units per year.
- Acquire and/or maintain a South Dakota Bar License and licenses in two connecting states (connecting states may be acquired within two years of hire).
- Maintain a positive, personal example that is consistent with the firm’s core principles of Faith • Family • Firm.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Warm, friendly person with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy working with older people.
- Ability to explain estate planning subjects in easy to understand terms.
- Energetic, professional, team-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office and general office technology.
- Strong organizational skills, including follow-through.
- Ability to adapt easily to a constantly changing environment, juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work to maintain efficiency.
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically, tactically and creatively.
- Drive to consistently meet and exceed targeted business metrics.