Thompson Law, PLLC is seeking to hire an Associate Attorney who wishes to practice in the areas of estate planning, trust administration, and business law. Although experience in transactional law is preferred, training and mentorship will be provided. Both new attorneys and those with experience will be considered. Thompson Law provides a strong benefit package and competitive compensation. We pride ourselves on a family oriented and flexible work place. Thompson Law has opportunity for those who wish to excel.
Closing date: November 30, 2020
Estate Planning Legal Assistant or Paralegal
We are seeking a highly-dependable Legal Receptionist to join the team at Thompson Law!
If you have experience in transactional or business law, and have a strong orientation for quality client service, this may be the career opportunity you have been seeking.
- Prepare drafts of trusts, wills, and related documents.
- Review client assets and take appropriate steps to ensure all assets are inventoried, titled correctly and that the trust, if applicable, is properly funded.
- Assemble portfolio binders for delivery to clients.
- Review estate plan documents with clients at final signing and collect payment.
- Assist attorney at meetings with family members after their loved one has passed away.
- File court documents for probates, guardianships, conservatorships, and certain trust matters.
- Communicate with clients on the progression of their estate plan or estate administration.
- Prepare various letters for effective correspondence, perform data entry and general administrative tasks such as scanning and filing of documents.
- Submit accurate billing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Competent with technology including extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Respect for confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Diligent attention to details, priorities, and organization.
- Desire and ability to work on a successful team.
This is a full-time position. The typical schedule is 8:15 AM–5:00 PM, Monday-Friday.
Preference will be given to applicants with a Paralegal Associates Degree or related field and/or proven experience with transactional or business law.
Closing date: October 1, 2020